Leave your legacy through Planned Giving
You love Lake O’Hara. You want it to stay beautiful, always. With a little planning now, you can help ensure the future of this special place.
Consider a planned gift to Lake O’Hara Trails Club. Through a bequest in your will, you can support the Club’s projects, helping to guarantee the future of beautiful, well-maintained trails, public education programs for visitors and a protected landscape.
What are the advantages of planned giving?
- Reduced taxes: Your estate will receive a charitable receipt for 100% of your bequest. This receipt can then be used by your executor to reduce the tax your estate will pay on your final tax return.
- Flexibility: You can change the amount or cancel the bequest if your circumstances change.
Leaving a legacy: Your bequest will help Lake O’Hara in the future.
How does this work?
- When you prepare your will, in consultation with your lawyer, you include a clause leaving your bequest. This clause should include the legal name of the LOTC (Lake O’Hara Trails Club) and LOTC contact information (PO Box 98, Lake Louise, Alberta T0L 1E0 Canada.)
- Please note that, because we are a very small, volunteer-run organization, we are unable to undertake the management of gifts of property or securities. Simple cash bequests are the best way to support our work.
- Sample general bequest wording could be: “I give to Lake O’Hara Trails Club, of mailing address Box 98, Lake Louise, Alberta, T0L 1E0, with the charitable registration number 11900 2897 RR0001, the sum of $_____ to be used as the Board of Directors of Lake O’Hara Trails Club may deem appropriate.
- If you wish to designate a specific use for your bequest, please ensure that it is within our mandate. Appropriate specific uses could be “trail maintenance” or “public education”.
Please consider letting us know of your bequest. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.